LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 3 FUSE PROBLEM

2004 Land Rover Discovery 3 • 120,000 miles

I have a landrover discovery and it keeps blowing a fuse that I have to change before I can get the car out of park. The fuse is a 15amp fuse. I took it in to a repair place saturday and they said after repositioning the wiring inside the console they were unable to duplicate the problem and the circuit would short to ground when the shifter was moved through the neutral position. However, twice now the following day it has fused AGAIN and I have to changed this fuse before I can drive it which is really inconvient and annoying. The fuse that blows is the second row of fuses fourth from the top. HELP.
I work shift work and cant be doing with all this late at night.
Lindabird

Then take it back and have them FIX the broken wire by putting either electrcial tape around it or electrical conduit or shrink tubing so it won't rub aagainst it and blow the fuse.

They said they just repositioned the wiring inside the consule and it doesnt say there is a broken wire. All they put on report is they couldnt duplicate the problem. Hence my car is still blowing a fuse and I cant get it out of park until I change it

Lindabird
Wel if they repositioned it and it quit then it has a bare spot hitting ground when you apply the shift interlock. It should be carefully lookea ta done what I said to fix this problem othewise you will continue to blow fuses. Unless the wirign is hitting someplace else.