I HAVE AN 04 DISCOVERY 4.6L V8 . I HAVE LOUD SQUEALING IN THE FRONT OF ENGINE . HAVE REPLACED THE SERPINETINE BELT . BELT TENSIONER, AND BATTERY. STILL SQUEALS. PUT WATER ON BELT AND GOES AWAY FOR A MINUTE THEN RETURNS . EVERYTHING TELLS US TH

2004 Land Rover Discovery 2 • 66,655 miles

66,555 mileage everything else is in qeustion
Don roe

Did you replace the belt with the tensioner?

Rivermikerat
Yes replaced the belt first then replaced the whole belt tensioner

Don roe
We pulled back on the belt tensioner and the squealing went away

Don roe
You gave it more tension or released the tension? Did you get the right belt? It sounds like the belt may be too long.

Rivermikerat
We gave it more tension and that is one of the things we thought. I have another email in to the local land rover dealer for these problems also. If this is the case I will order a new belt from dealer

Don roe
Ok. Let us know what they say.

Rivermikerat
Ok another question it looks like I have a head gasket leak, would I have antifreze in my oil?

Don roe
Not necessarily. White smoke from the tailpipe that dissipates quickly? Oil in the antifreeze. Oil deposits on the spark plugs.

Rivermikerat
Havn, t seen any of those signs

Don roe
Ok. Check the compression of each cylinder. It should vary by no more than 15-20 PSI from the highest reading to the lowest reading.

Rivermikerat