3.5L

2004 Kia Sorento • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 68,000 miles

3.5L v6 2004 kia sorento driving down road and sputtered to a stop, will start however it quits after very few seconds. If you spray fuel through air filter you can keep it running. Full tank of fuel, new battery, stepping on the accel pedal has no effect it just dies. My son said he smelled electric burning smells. Relay and fuse for fuel are ok under the hood no fuse problems under dash
Ptspjr

Ok, when was last time Fuel Filter was changed?

Is engine light on? If so would need to get codes pulled and post them here.

Here is one suggestion to try. Remove Gas Cap and start vehicle. Post results.

.

Obxautomedic
Took off the gas cap and it seems to be running quite nicely.
Didnt have the balls to take it for spin to see how it ran in traffic

Ptspjr
That ok, just let it run there in the drive. What I believe is the problem is the gas cap, it is not venting any more and what happen is it create a vacuum in the gas tank and once it reached a certain amount the fuel pump cannot pump gas anymore any it will shut down do to lack of gas.

So, like I said just let it run in the drive for a while with gas cap off. If it is still running after and hour then purchase a new gas cap.

If you fell daring you can put the gas cap on take it for a trip down your road. Just around the block not to far. If it shut down take gas cap off and see if it runs, if so drive it home with cap off.

.

Obxautomedic