KIA SEDONA DOOR PROBLEM

2004 Kia Sedona • 140,000 miles

Replaced thermostat in 2004 Kia Sedona, and it didn't help my situation. Van is still blowing cold air w/ a change to "luke warm" air every so often. Temp gauge still fluctuating, has never overheated-but will get really warm, and then temp will go back down after accelerating. No leaking or overflowing of antifreeze, and no antifreeze in oil either. What's going on? SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME?
Annevance

With the engine at full operating temp, locate the 2 heater hoses where they go into the firewall and feel them to see if they are both hot to the touch. If they are both hot, the heat in that vehicle is controlled by a blend door that regulates heated air flow. It is operated by an electric motor/actuator. The problem can be that the actuator is stripped or inoperative or the door itself could be damaged. This is what needs to be determined by examining the actuator and see if it is responding to heat change commands or not.

Wrenchtech
Unfortunately I have NO IDEA where those are located. I understand where the firewall is. But are they located inside on passenger side? Also, do I have to rip anything apart to get to them to feel them? Other people have been saying to check them, but I don't know where they are at specifically to be able to check. Would that cause a fluctuation with my temperature gauge? I feel so lost. : (

Annevance
Sound like you need to get this to a professional ASAP. This isn't something to experiment on. It can cost you a motor quick.

Wrenchtech