KIA AMANTI 12 VOLT PROBLEM

2004 Kia Amanti • 170,000 miles

Heater blower quit working on all speeds. Just like a 2010 question you answered. I replaced the blower transistor. Still no go. Checked voltage at transistor- OK. Switch-OK, checked voltage at blower-OK. Removed blower and hooked it up direct to DC and it works fine. Checked high speed relay-good. Fuse-good. Don't know what else to check. Any suggestions?
Gholt

Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?If there is power at the motor then you have a bad ground feed to the motor or loose/bad connection at the connector?

Yes, I do have a multi meter and I have checked the voltage coming through the plug to the blower motor. Getting 8-12 volts depending on speed of fan selected.

Gholt
Alright what about the ground side?Or are you measuring voltage across the two terminals?

I am measuring the voltage across pins 1 & 2. As I understand it this is the ground and positive.

Gholt
If your getting 8-12 volts across the pins then the motor should work unless there is a bad connection some where.

OK, thanks. I'll have it checked out.

Gholt
Your welcome keep me posted.