JEEP LIBERTY GAS PROBLEM

2004 Jeep Liberty • 84,000 miles

I was told my lifters are sticking and was told to buy Sea Foam Auto Marine Fleet. I bought some but it doesn't really tell you how and where to add it. I was told to put 1/2 bottle (473 ml) in my oil crankcase and 1/2 in my gas. I was also told to only put it in my gas. I was also told get an oil change done first and then add it in. I am not sure who to listen to. Also, I was told to make sure the car is warm when I decide to put it in so it can mix and flow good with the oil. Once I know what to do, should I drive the vehicle after I add it in and if so, how long. Thank you
Sickjeep

I am not a believer in additives of any sort. I would change the oil and filter once every 500 miles for the few oil changes to help with the sticking lifter.

Sea foam is for fuel systems.

Under my warranty I get an oil change every 4 months and I don't drive to work and only drive on the weekend and some evenings so I put maybe approximately 50 km per month. Someone also told me to put in regular gas instead of the high octane I am putting in. He said there might be too much ethanol in the high one which can cause the clicking.

Thanks.

Sickjeep
Nope, fuel octane has no effect on lifter noises.