HYUNDAI TIBURON GAS PROBLEM

2004 Hyundai Tiburon • 97,000 miles

Recently I have noticed on occasion an odor of gas INSIDE my car. I checked to make sure that my tank was not leaking first. Then my tire guy said that he could smell gas inside and not outside and mentioned that it might be serious. I have to travel to Toledo on Monday (approx. 280 miles). Another thing I have noticed is a gas consumption. I feel it is going through gas way faster than a year ago. I might add that my clock light goes on and off and my air conditioner has never worked.
Now what?
Beast22

See if you can tell whether it is coming from front or year of car. If it is coming from the rear you have a leak at the gas tank. Check the connections that lead to the gas tank and check the gas tank for leak itself espacially near the welds if you liove in an area where a lot of slat is used on the roads in the winter. If the odor comes from the front you have a fuel line leak in the engine compartment. Check the fuel connections in the engine bay if this is the case.