HYUNDAI SONATA ENGINE PROBLEM

2004 Hyundai Sonata • 106,000 miles

Car has 106,000 km. How do I replace the alternator on the 2.7 lit. Thanks for your time
Relic1

Remove the belt and remove all support bolts and electrical connector(s).
Attached is diagram to help.

Thank you very much. Another question please. Does the engine mounts have to be let go in order to jack the engine up to get the alternator off? Car has air, no adjusting bolt, but tensioner pulley. Been searching all night about this. Thank you for your time.

Relic1
You would need to do more than that.
Remove passenger side axle.
Engine mount.
Passenger side lower control arm.
Jack up engine to remove alternator.

WRONG! From the top, remove the cruise control and the electrical solenoids, support with peice of wood on jack, remove side engine mount bolts and front engine mount bolt and jack the engine up on the front of the engine

OR you can jack it up, remove the tire and plastic belt guard and work it out through the bottom, it makes it easier to disconnect the two bolts on the exhaust after the cat so you can move the exhaust a little

sad that KHLow2008 is listed as an expert, I have never worked on ANY cart which needed that much stuff removed and I have been a mechanic for over 16 years

Stevenlee34983