HYUNDAI SANTRO FUEL GAUGE PROBLEM

2004 Hyundai Santro • 50,000 miles

Salam to all I had a little problem Yar yesterday I opened my Santro Speedomeer side to change the bulbs behind the speedometer and mistakenly I changed the position of the fuel gauge while cleaning it. Now the fuel gauge is not working properly. It remains at full always. Can anybody suggest what could be the problem? Thanksand Regards
Waseem raja

If you had pulled the needle off, the meter is now not accurate and it would have to be replaced as calibration is not possible. If you had broken the wiring circuit of the gauge, you can try reconnecting the broken link. Check and ensure you have sufficient ground and the sending circuit wire is not shorted to body.

Wire is not shorted to body and complete check there is no problem found but It either stays at E or if it put it in the middle or just above E, it goes to F slowly.

Waseem raja
Did you pull the needle out of the gauge?

Just pull back the position E

Waseem raja
When I try to move it at lower position, does it come back to F

Waseem raja
Did you pull the needle off the meter in the first place?

Waseem raja
The needle could be loose and is not going to be accurate. The best thing you can do now is turn ignition on and set the needle to the position where it is supposed to be now according to the fule level before removing the meter. Press lightly on needle where it sits onto the meter and retest.

I m trying but problem is till same position. Needle going on F. Pls advice?

Waseem raja
Did you turn the ignition ON while doing this?
Turn the needle down, it might require a little force, and see if the needle goes back up.

Unplug the sending unit at the fuel tank and test if the gauge goes to max.

You have to perform testings yourself as we are not able to do it for you.