WHAT'S WRONG

2004 Hyundai Elantra • 47,000 miles

2004 Hyundai Elantra. In the morning when it is below freezing car idols rough, and when it's really cold seems to run on only 3 cylinders. One morning when it was above freezing car run just fine. After you run the car a few miles and let it sit for a bit, it purrs like a kitten. Check engine light came on blinking then stayed on.
Steve
Pls418

The blinking light indicates an engine misfire. Have the computer scanned to identify trouble codes. Most parts stores will do it for free. Let me know what you find.

Unfortunatly I live in a small town, no one has the software. I have to drive 150 miles to where the software is. My problem is by then the care is warmed up and runs fine, and they said that the light may only give them a general idea of what is wrong, and if it 's running fine when I get there it may be a wasted trip. Don't know quite what to do.
Steve

Pls418
You may want to purchase an inexpensive scanner. Most nationally recognized parts stores have them for under 50 dollars. That would at least give you the trouble code.