HONDA CIVIC ENGINE PROBLEM

2004 Honda Civic

I've read this somewhere that you cannot install an older engine on a newer vehicle, unless that older engine had the EXACT SAME emissions equipment down to EXACT same part numbers as the new vehicle (as in, they re-used the same old style emissions equipment on the brand new vehicle from the factory). So, would you know by chance if the 04 Civic and the 95 civic have the exact same emission equipment? This being my first car I'm so lost and not so knowledgeable as far as cars and engine is at concern.
Ndon

The engine itself is not the main concern. It is the external parts such as manifolds, EGR system, engine control and sensors, etc that makes the difference between the emission standards.

For the year model, both engnes should be different. Which engine do you have? 1.6 or 1.7?

Thanks KHLow2008! I called the seller and was told it's a 1.7

Ndon
The emissions components on a 95 and an 04 will be different

The 1.7 L engine was only introduced in early 2000 so I believe the year is not correct.