MY HAS THE "RED BRAKE WARNING LIGHT" STAYING ON.

2004 Honda Accord • 125,000 miles

I checked the brake fluid level in the reservoir and it is full. Any thoughts? The car seems to stop fine when driving and really no difference than before.
Jcurts75

Check the flote in the master cylinder. Try un plugging the sensor @ the flote. And try un plugging the parking prake switch to see if the light goes out

Djcl
Would you say it is safe to drive about 10 miles until I get home tonight to check?

Jcurts75
With out seeing it I can't promise. But with what you stated sofar I would say its safe.

Djcl
What are my scenarios when I check these? If I unplug the sensor and the light goes out? What does that tell me? If I unplug the emergency brake switch and it goes out? What then? Sorry I'm a novice, but dad will be here tonight and knows a lot more about the car.

Jcurts75
Is it possible that the brake pads have sensors in them that are telling me they need to be replaced?

Jcurts75
No, brakes pads do not have any sensors to tell you when pads are worn out.

If it is the word BRAKE, then you have a blown brake bulb. If it is the park brake indicator that is showing, then it most probably is due to low brake fluid level, which could mean a leakage somewhere or the pads are wearing out soon.

KHLow. Your statements are opposite of what the manual is telling me. The red word BRAKE is what's showing up, which talks about checking the break fluid

Jcurts75
Is it the sign Brake with a bracket? If yes, then it is the brake fluid level that you need to check. If the indicator is below the door ajar, then it is the brake blubs.

It is the parking brake and brake system indicator
see: https: //techinfo. Honda. Com/rjanisis/pubs/om/AC0404/AC0404O00060A. Pdf

Jcurts75
That is for the brake fluid level.