WINDSHEILD WIPERS

2004 Ford Mustang

2004 Ford Mustang 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 33,000 miles

I do not have a owners manual for car. My windsheild wipers will not come on nor the sprayer. I have attempted to check all fuses but do not even know which does what. Can you help me with a diagram of the fuse box under the dash and under the hood. What do you suggest? Thanks
Erskir

Fuse 26 in the under dash fuse panel is for the wiper/washer. Use a test light to check it, so you can be sure it is getting power to the fuse as well as through it. If the fuse is good, check for power at the wiper motor and get back to me. There are 2 relays and the GEM module that control it.

Jack42
I replaced fuse #26 and it tests good. I Pulled the plug to the wiper motor and tested each hole. Pulling the plug directly off, the number two hole from the left comes on with the key turned on. It stays hot as long as the key is turned on. I do not get any thing when I turn the wiper on from any other holes in the plug. The one hole stays on regardless unless you turn the key off. What ya think?

Erskir
Try swapping the wiper relay for the a/c relay and see if they work.

Jack42
Where are these relays and what do they look like?

Erskir
Black plastic squares. You might want to go here
http://www.2carpros.com/articles/mitchell1eautorepair-car-repair-manuals
Ther are full diagrams and troubleshooting with pics to help you along. Easier for you to print it out and look than for me to try to guide you

Jack42
Swapped out the two relays, AC works with both. NO wiper action.

Erskir
In the battery junction box, left side of engine compartment, forward of strut tower. There are 2 more wiper relays in there. Wiper- run/park, and wiper hi/low. Try swapping out other realys to see if that will fix it

Jack42
I have a 2004 ford mustang and having the same problem, but I just bought it, and it is missing the #2 relay switch on the far right side of the distro box. But I can not find the right part number to order it, can you help me out on that?

Broncobeast89