FLASHING GLOW PLUG LIGHT

2004 Ford Mondeo • 70 miles

Hi, my car has a flashing glow plug light on and now the engine management light is on. The vehicle is very slow to drive and i`ve been told that this could be down to the injectors but comes as a very high priced repair as there electrically balanced to the engine. The other problem it could be was an egr valve which I have no clue what it is.
i would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction as I haven`t a clue about cars.
also do you know prices on check up and diagnostics direct from ford.
thanks wayne
Waynegoldingay

Symptoms indicates a fault in the system and the first thing you need to do is to get a scan done to check for trouble codes to understand what is causing the problem.

It could be a list of possibilities and the scan would show you the way to go.

Most parts stores provides free scanning services but being a diesel vehicle, not all scanners are compatible so you might need to scout around for the correct one.

Ford diagnostic scan should be a 1 hour job rate. To be accurate, try calling them up to check the prices.