FORD FOCUS BATTERY PROBLEM

2004 Ford Focus • 89,900 miles

I replaced my Cylinder Temp. Sensor last weekend after the Ford dealer recommended that. (They had in there shop because twice over the summer the the car came close to overheating when sitting in a traffic jamb in Minneapolis Metro)
(The mechanic told me that he thought that was the issue because after going through the whole cars elec. System for an entire day - it was either the cylinder head temp sensor, PCM, or Power Distributor)
So the new cylinder head temp sensor is installed and the battery light went on/off for 4 days after it was installed.
- I should mention I drive around the metro doing inspections all day -
Now today the battery light came on for the entire day, came on about 20 seconds after it goes off when starting the car. The drive home the ABS light, parking brake, air bag, etc. Lights came on/off, headlights went off, complete dash went off then back on. The car ran perfectly fine engine wise.

Thinking it is a battery dead, but the car was shut off and turned back on perfectly - the battery is only 2 months old.

Any Suggestions - How can you test your alternator (Is this a possible issue)?

Any fuses that could have blown when installing the temp. Sensor. (I unhooked the battery before doing the work)

No, nothing to do with your repair.

Start with voltage check to the battery with the engine running. It should be 14 to 14.5 volts