I NEED MY ALTERNATOR REPLACED ON A SE 2.0L. IS THERE A PLACE WITH QUALITY WORK AT AFFORDABLE PRICES IN ROUND ROCK TO HAVE THIS DONE?

2004 Ford Focus • 110,000 miles

Replaced my battery. 1 month later I have to jump the Battery. Engine light comes on for a few days then goes out for a day. Does this continually. Took it to a shop because I thought the alternator might only be partially working as the engine idle seems to be unsteady at times. They said my battery would not hold a charge so the could not test it properly. I went to autozone with the shop printout. They tested the battery as good but replaced it anyhow as it was under warranty. Went back to the shop the next day, they said the battery had already gotten weak so I needed a new alternator. They want to charge me over 500 dollars to replace it.
Rustymisty

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

I do not have a multimeter and that was not the answer to my question, but thank you for replying

Rustymisty
Alright I thought thats why you gave all the details because you were unsure of the diagnoses. What is your zip code and I will help you out with a fair estimate to repair it.