LOUD CLICKING NOISE IN THE DASH OF

2004 Ford Explorer • 84,000 miles

When I start the car there is a rapid clicking noise coming from under the dash. This occurs with the heat and airconditioning controls in the off position. I changed the actuater and the blend door motor and its still happening.
Benuehead

Can you tell what area/side of dash this is happening on?

Fixitmr
Is everything with Ac/heater working ok/properly?

Fixitmr
This all started with a loud rapid clocking noise and no heat in the center to drivers side under dash.

Benuehead
Any other coincident events take place when/prior to this started happening? For instance like battery change

Fixitmr
Can you feel replaced components to see which if either is making the noise?

Fixitmr
Thank for replying, it turns out I was given the wrong actuator motor. TWICE! I tore the dash apart three time and can now change an actuator motor in 45 minutes. Note: always ask counter person to verify of the moter is for an automatic or a manual heating and cooling system. If they tell you the motor looks different because it's aftermarket, make them check again. After putting in this last motor everything is fine. The blend door wasn't in need of changing. I don't know what price to put on aggravation but to have the local mechanic do the jub would have been $950.00 that I just didn't have. Thanks again for your reply!

Benuehead
And thanks for your solution reply!

Fixitmr