BRAKES LINKED TO DOOR LOCKS

2004 Ford Everest • V12 4WD Manual • 80,000 miles

Hi I own a 2004 Ford Everest M/T. Why are the door locks no longer locking when brakes are depressed after starting? Doors automatically lock when brakes are stepped on before but not anymore. Also, door unlocks automatically when key turns Ignition is off. Door lock fuse is still ok.
Hoping for you Advise.

Thank you for your help.
Donnie Burgos

Was something changed in the car/key memory? It might be due to the use of a different key and the car may respond to it as a function of memory.

Dr. Hagerty
The key is still the same as before. The keyless remote is no longer the original though but it worked just fine for a couple of years.
I need to correct my statement above that that the door unlocks after turning ignition off BEFORE, BUT NOT ANYMORE.
Also, the remote is still functional and the I hear the alarm sound but the locks no longer go with the alarms.
Could it be that the key is old and worn and no longer conforming to memory? I am amazed this has an impact to the door locks.

Donnie Burgos
Thank you for correcting the story. The issue might have to do with a communication in or a driver(output from a relay or computer)in the cars' alarm system. Perhaps scheduling an appointment with your Ford service provider would be enlightening as there may not be user friendly issues to deal with here.

Dr. Hagerty
Thank you. You are right. I think it is time for the service provider. Thanks again.

Donnie Burgos
Thank you for your trust in our site, we look forward to helping you in the future, if the need ever arises.

Dr. Hagerty