DODGE RAM DIESEL PROBLEM

2004 Dodge Ram • 30,000 miles

My 2500 ram wont start when it is cold outside. It cranks but wont start

It is a cummins

Elaine04
Contacted my diesel expert, and he agrees, we need a whole lot more information. What temperatures? Is it plugged in? Have the injectors been replaced?

Sorry about not giving enough detail, it ussually does not start in the 40, s. I can plug it in at home, but not at work as there are no outlets nearby, and the fuel injectors have not been replaced
thanks for all your help

Elaine04
My first though was there's a problem with the intake air heater but my buddy says that is very unlikely. He has rebuilt a lot of smashed trucks. All Dodges as that's all he likes, and mostly diesels. He said the two most likely things to suspect are the injectors and the injector pump. The injectors can get a little spec of dirt stuck inside. Don't know if that's accurate but apparently he has had good luck after replacing them. He didn't say what the problem is with the pumps. I don't know why temperature would have such a big affect unless there just isn't enough fuel getting in to fire properly.