DODGE NEON TOOL PROBLEM

2004 Dodge Neon • 40,000 miles

I need to replace the idler pulley on my neon and I was wondering would it be possible for me to lift my engine with a floor jack so I could get to the tensioner pulley?
Stack619

No need to. I have provided the directions. Also, you don't want to take the chance of damaging something. If you put it under the oil pan you could damage the oil pick up tube etc. Not easy but can be done.

ImpalaSS
So I can get to the tensioner pulley just doing that eventhough its right by the wall? Also is the mounting bolt a torx bolt or just a regular bolt?

Stack619
Extreamly tight. You might also look through the fender well just in case it gives you more room but again, it isn't easy but can be done. Hard to say since we don't show hardware. The ones I have worked on are regular metric bolts. you can also use the tool program from Autozone and use the belt removal tool. Grab a mirror and look around first to see where things are. Good luck!

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools-Garage-and-Equipment/Serpentine-Belt-Tool/_/N-25ey?filterByKeyWord=belt+removal+tool&fromString=search

ImpalaSS
Appreciate it!

Stack619
No problem. Just go slow - not always easy.

ImpalaSS