CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER DEFROSTER PROBLEM

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 52,000 miles

For some reason when I turn on my defroster my 2004 Chvey Trailblazer dies. I replaced the battery thinking that might be it. I had my son in law bring his voltage meter over and tested the charging system. All is okay. Tested 14 1/2. All other positions on the heater works great. But when I turn on the defroster the car dies. Can you help?
Jstarquino

Ac compressor locking up and stalling the motor?

See if this is what happens

The problem is not with the A/C. It is only the defroster. All other positions on the heater vents work just fine

Jstarquino
In defrost, the ac compressor comes on for humidity control

Husband wants to know why the A/C works perfect. And how do we test this ac compressor? I appreciate all your help

Jstarquino
Roy are you still there?

Jstarquino
Yes I am.

If the ac works in normal mode for ac, then my theory is wrong.

Is the check engine light on?

Sometimes. But the guy at Chevy told me since the color is orange it means my gas cap isnt any good anymore. So, we replaced it and the check engine light went off.

Jstarquino
Roy, I must be having issues with my computer. It keeps telling me that internet exployer can not display the web page. I appreciate all your help and will probably have to take it to the Chevy mech. As they cut my hours at work, I have a feeling I'm gonna freeze for a while. Again thanks for your time.

Jstarquino
What is the code you got from the shop?