CHEVROLET TAHOE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER PROBLEM

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe

I have a 2004 Chev Tahoe with 180k, the speedometer has gone out, the oil pressure gauge has gone out, the cruise control has gone out and now both upper tail lights are out. Could it possibly be the computer? Or what?
Mspa

The tail lights are probably a separate problem but the gauge problems sound like a bad instrument cluster. They are common failures.

Wrenchtech
Bad instrument cluster? Is this a part?

Mspa
Sure it

Wrenchtech
Typo= is

Wrenchtech
An expensive part. Check auto salvage yards for a discount.

Dwb812
No, I don't recommend a salvage yard because it needs to be programmed to your car. The dealer sells remanufactured units.

Wrenchtech
Again, you are probably right WT. I thought as long as it came from the same model year vehicle and engine/trans combination it was already programmed with the exception of the speed sensor if it was recalibrated for different size tire instalation.

Dwb812
Speed calibration is done at the PCM, not the dash cluster but the dash cluster must be programmed with correct odometer and in some case VIN# so it can communicate with the BCM and PCM.

Wrenchtech