WHEN I COME TO A STOP AND THEN GO TO TAKE OFF AGAIN IT FEELS LIKE A BUMP FROM THE REAR END???

2004 Chevrolet Silverado • 200,000 miles

Im having the same problem I think. When I'm driving and then come to a stop then let off the brake pedal to take off again before even hitting the gas there is a thud, bump or hit or something coming from the rear of the truck. Kinda hard to explain. Could it be the rear end needs to be rebuilt or replaced?
Patrickaf30

Might be suspension/brakes issue?

Fixitmr
Take the rear driveshaft out. Clean out the slip yoke on the front of the driveshaft with brake parts cleaner and a small brush. After the part is clean and dry, lube the splines with clean Dexron 6 ATF. Reinstall the driveshaft.

Dennyp
I have a 2000 silverado w/180000 mi. Same problem.V-6 auto. AT a complete stop, I lft my foot off the brake, and it bumps.I have actually turned around to see if I had been hit. Happens at nearly every compete stop, and no other shift problems at all.

Wayne1230