CHEVROLET MALIBU GAS PROBLEM

2004 Chevrolet Malibu • 140,000 miles

Yesterday, I got into my car and turned it on and the check engine lights were on. I turned my car off and turned it back on again, and the lights were gone. This morning I turned my car on and the lights were on again. When I went to turn my car off and on again, the car idled and didn't start right away. Third time it started just fine with no lights. I was extremely low on gas last night and today, so I put about $15 of gas in and drove 10 miles to work. When I left work, I started the car and the lights were on again but started just fine the second time I turned it on.

My thoughts? Could still be the low gas thing. I also think my antifreeze is low and it has been very cold the past couple of days (thanks to that big cold front sweeping the nation). But I'm no expert by any means. Any other ideas?
Mcclai22

The first thing you need to do is get your car scanned for codes. Take it to an auto parts store they scan them for free. Also post the exact code numbers not code descriptions.