REMOVED INSTRUMENT CLUSTER FROM OUR TO SEND IN FOR REPAIR. NOW, SUDDENLY, KEY WON'T TURN IN THE IGNITION AND STEERING WHEEL DOESN'T "LOCK" AS IT SHOULD. AM I STUCK DRILLING OUT AND REPLACING THE IGNITION LOCK, OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE I CO

2004 Chevrolet Impala • 178,000 miles

Now car is inoperable, stuck in the street. Tried jiggling / tapping keys, disconnecting battery, etc.
Trpreacher

So is the cylinder stuck in the lock position?Does the key look worn down?Have you tried turning the steering wheel while turning the ignition key?

Yes, it is stuck in locked position. While the steering wheel usually locks, it doesn't lock now. I have, however, tried turning the wheel as well as jiggling the gear selector as much as it can be jiggled, all while trying to turn the key. Thanks.

Trpreacher
I also asked if the key looks worn down a worn key will cause the lock to not turn as well. Try this get a hammer and lightly tap on the key hole opening then see if the lock turns.

Got another key to try?

Fixitmr