ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

2004 Cadillac STS • V8 2WD Automatic • 50,000 miles

2004 Cadillac STS with 50k miles. I recently purchased this car and I've used it for one month and 1000 miles. It has a Passport/Valet alarm and auto start on it. I disabled the alarm as it would go off when it shouldn't. Not sure if that system has caused an electrical problem as I have had to replace my left front blinker light twice and the right one once. The moon roof now does not have full power and I need to use my hand to help it along. Today my passenger side vanity mirror light stays on whether opened or closed. Do I have an electrical problem and what should I do?
2CarPros-Archives

You will need a new vanity mirror, the internal switch is bad.&Nbsp; Try lubing the moon roof with WD 40 first. Do you know if the car was involved in an accident? The moon roof may be bent, grease will cause unwanted dirt to build up. See how many amps the motor is pulling if you can, or replace the motor. I never could figure out why some people needed 2 alarms on their cars, it does nothing but cause problems, it could be causing the bulbs in the lights to blow.

2CarPros-Archives