WINDSHIELD WIPERS

2004 Cadillac Escalade Esv • V8 AWD Automatic • 97,800 miles

2004 ESV Cadillac wipers run continously what can be done to solve
Harley87

Unplug them and get a price on a wiper motor.

Cadieman
Visit the dealer. They are run by the Body Computer. GM is the only company that will not allow independent shops to program replacement computers to your vehicle. They are also difficult to diagnose without the dealer's special equipment to determine if the computer is actually the problem.

Pull the W/S Wiper fuse from the left I/P fuse block, replace the wiper module.

Factoryjack
What do you mean by "module"? Computer module or motor assembly with a circuit board attached? If it's a computer module, what's it called?

Schematic calls it a windshield wiper motor module, repair instruction calls it a wiper motor cover. Quite possibly, the wiper motor module is the transmission, motor, and module(cover). If the cover is available separately, that is all that is needed.

Factoryjack
Thanks. Chrysler had a real reliable and simple wiper motor so they had to mess it up in '96 by incorporating the Body Computer into the circuit just to insure the wipers would still park after the ignition switch was turned off. They call that the "Body Control Module" and it has been the source of all kinds of trouble. I know GM has Body Controllers too but I didn't know if they got involved with the wipers.