HEADLIGHT TURNS OFF

2004 BMW 330ci • 6 cylinder •

I have a 2004 BMW 330ci the right headlight turns off when I turn the steering wheel when its on automatic but not on manual. What could it be
Iscf171

I am pretty sure you have xenon headlights on your car, am I right? In any case does it turn off regardless of turning steering wheel left and right?
Only thing I can think of when your headlights are on "auto" mode both of your lights will follow the angle of your steering wheel for example: you are making a right turn both of your headlights will turn to the right.
It could be possible you might have bad headlight assembly, maybe a wire is grounding itself off whenever your headlight turns w/ your steering wheel, and it is shorting out the main power for the xenon ignitor. Reason I said that when headlights on in manual mode to my knowledge headlights they do not follow steering wheel command only time they do when its in "auto" mode.
If you think you can pull out the headlight assembly and inspect it closely, hopefully you will find your problem.

Bmwtechwaqas
E46 headlights have the ability to adapt to chassis loading (up and down) not side to side. But there is a possibility that there is a wire shorting somewhere.

Dr. Hagerty
Oh really? I was not aware of that, thanks I really appericate for giving me useful info.

Bmwtechwaqas
The I bus cars (E46, 38, 39, 53, 83) have this.

Dr. Hagerty
What is your email (dr. Hagerty)?

Bmwtechwaqas
Check your private messages.

Dr. Hagerty
Ok cool thanks!

Bmwtechwaqas
Thank you very much bmwtechwaqas will check it out

Iscf171
Let us know what you find out.

Dr. Hagerty