- INTERNAL LIGHTS NOT WORKING AFTER TRYING TO CHANGE THE TRUNK LIGHT

2004 Acura RSX • 88,000 miles

Hi all,

I replaced the dome light with a LED light and it was working fine. Then I replaced the trunk light with a LED light and because the connector wasn't working properly, I had to move it and hold it in place to make the light turn on. After trying several positions it just stop working and all the other internal lights don't work (map light, dome light, and trunk light). Everything else seem to work properly. I checked all the fuses one by one with a 'pen' fuse tester and by visually checking them all. All the fuses appear to be good.

What could be the issue?

Thanks in advance.
Babil

You have a blown fuse. Too much draw on the circuit. You may need to go back to the original bulb stiles.

ASEMaster6371,

I removed both the dome and trunk lights, but the map lights are still not working. Unless I tested the fuse in a wrong way, the lights are still not working. I used a the 'pen' tester with a light and all the fuses turn on the light on the pen. Also, manually I removed them, inspected visually and didn't see any sign that they where broke. Could I have messed up something else? Could the light have a fuse somewhere else?

The fuses I have are 7.5, 10, and 20. The fuses box doesn't have any reference on internal lights.

Babil
Which fuse box? Under the hood or inside the car?

Did you test both sides for power with your testor?

ASEMaster6371,

I checked the fuses inside the car, on the driver side. Yes, I tested both sides of the fuse for power. Do you know if the RSX has another fuse box under the hood as well? I though there was only one fuse box (the one inside the car).

Babil
Yes, there is a fusebox underhood. # 3( 7.5 A ) fuse is the one you should be looking at.