HOW DO I CHECK THE RELAY IN MY JETTA . I THINK THIS IS THE REASON FOR MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. THE ELECTRONICS ARE SPAZZING OUT BUT MY CAR IS IN

2003 Volkswagen GLI • 131,450 miles

The light on the ceiling that turns on when the door opens and closes is not turning off automatically ad my car doesn't honk when I lock it and my check engine is on
Gdaniels2323

Check engine light is a fuel control issue. The other issues have nothing to do with the light. Get someone to pull the code number and we will further assist you.

Well I don't think it's a fuel control issue because the check engine light has come on a while ago then it went off. And right now it is on again. I'm hoping it'll cut off ASAP. What is a fuel control issue is this somethin serious for the car or a fix I can do myself?

Gdaniels2323
Once again, you need to have the code pulled for us to further help you. Yes, it is a fuel control issue with this light. Prolonged driving with it on could cause more damage but without the code, we cannot tell.

Alright I suppose I'll get it read ASAP to see what further things are going on, hopefully nothing serious

Gdaniels2323
Check that all the door switches are working correctly, and you may not be aware but once the check light has been on any codes set will remain in the memory untill cleared and not all codes will set a CEL.

Mhpautos
Hello again. I got my car scanned an it pulled up a P0301 a cylinder 1 misfire and also a P0420 catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 1. What does this mean is it serious?

Gdaniels2323
Number 1 is missfiring from maybe a plug, wire, coil, injector, low compression or vacuum leak.
The 420 is a converter code that says the effiency is no good anymore. It will have to be replaced.

I would get both attended too asap.

Don't fit a cat just yet, as that code may be a resault of the misfire allowing a to rich mixture into the exhaust and upsetting the cat readings, do the tune problem and drive for a while then re scan to see if the cat has cleared up.

Mhpautos
Got the problem scanned doesn't seem to be misfiring in the first cylinder and the light has not come on since I got it removed I'm just going onwait ad see if this light arises again.

Gdaniels2323
It will come back. The issue is you may be damaging the cat converter more by driving it this way.

Page 1 of 2