AIR CONDITIONER

2003 Toyota Corolla

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 62000 miles

no power going to the compressor. The fan runs and the air conditioner switch lights. Checked freon and it is ok.
Easterbunny

Easterbunny
[/quote: 3bac991fb4]

I have the exact same problem with the wifes car, same year and all. Everything else works ( fan light on button, and all the fuses are fine), except there is no power going to the compressor. I can run a jumper wire from the battery to the compressor and the ac works great but I cannot leave it that way because it will not cycle and I do not want to over pressure the system.

6.0f250
I figured it out, the problem is the relay under the hood in the fuse/relay box on the driver side fender. The MG/coolant relay is bad. Go to Advanced Auto and they have the relay for $14 it will be under A/C components in their computer, they will have to order it, but it will fix your problem.

Hope that helps you

6.0f250
WOW! Have been dealing with this problem for several months. Not to mention 105 degree temperature. Thank you 6.0f250!

Mikaleliz1
Just to add, there is a service bulletin, About that relay. It says to only use part# 90987-02028. Relays with other part #, are not to be used for this application. You may have to get that part# from dealership. I'm only repeating what the service bulletin had to say, if you used another relay and it worked great, that is fine with me. Have a good day.