DASH LIGHTS ON

2003 Toyota Camry • 10,900 miles

Hello I have a 2003 camry xle v6 and my VSC, TRACK OFF & check engine light is on and the code that comes up is P174B and I would like to know what causes that, and about how much will it run me to get it fixed
Epicbk31

Your engine code is "system too lean bank 2" having any engine code, it is possible for it to turn off your stability control, and traction control. I have seen it. Being a v-6, there are 2 banks. This leads me to believe the leak is past your throttlebody, and is only related to bank 2. Obviously right? The most common cause is actually your MAF (mass air flow sensor) however, this reads your air readings before the intake. Its very hard to explain why it can cause a lean code on only one bank. It is the most common cause. Im not saying that is whats wrong. Without actually diaging your vehicle with a proper scan tool, I cant verify fuel trims, and see if bank 2 is lean because a part failed, or because you have an unmetered air leak. I would suggest bringing to your most liked garage of choice, and having it diaged.

Madmike1735
Thank you very much it does feel like the traction is off because the gas pedal vibrates a little while driving and I think the gas is being used faster but I will be bring it to a mechanic on Friday. I know you cant tell me an exact price of course but is it a very expensive fix meaning is it $500 and up.

Epicbk31
The vibration wouldnt be traction control related. And most of the time, whenever the TSC light is on, your traction control is disabled. Being there is a vibration, that will make it a bit easier for the tech to diag at a garage. Make sure they go after your engine performance problem, then clear the codes. If your TSC light comes back on, then its not related, and will need further diag. Keep me posted

Madmike1735