SX INTERIOR LIGHT

2003 Suzuki Aerio • 4 cylinder 2WD • 80,000 miles

I have a problem with my 2003 Suzuki Aerio SX/Fastback. The interior light remains on when the doors are closed (switch is on). Well, my remote key does not work: I thought the remote battery was dead, put a new one, but I could not programmed it.
I believe this is associated with the interior light being on. I check all the 4 door switches and they are OK. I could not find a switch for the tailgate. It seems that some where the circuit for the interior light is making ground. Some time ago, the interior light came on when going to bad road.
Any suggestion how to solve the problem?
Thanks, Pat
Ph-10

Try unplugging all the door switches and if the light goes off, it means one or more of the switches are not closing correctly. Plug in one by one and closing the door and ensure light stays off. The one that does not turn the light off is faulty. Check door adjustment.

Trunk switch is inside the latch assy so you would not be able to see it.