SATURN VUE SPARK PROBLEM

2003 Saturn Vue • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 85,000 miles

What is causing my 2003 2.2 ltr. Saturn vue runs real rough. It dose not have spark plugs.
Dodgerclyde

Do you have any code's?Does the engine smooth out at higher rpm's?Why do you think you don't have spark plug's on that engine?That engine has spark plug's.

It runs rough no matter how fast or slow. Or far. The code reader I have says missfire, 02 sensor and heater sensor. And I do not see any spark plugs, wires, or coil like devise. All ive seen and inspected was the fuel injectors for each cylinder and some type of electronical spark component. But cant figure out the rough running, seems like bad plugs or wires just dont see any. Or I would of replaced them. Are you sure this model engine has plugs? If so where are they located. I never seen anything like it.

Dodgerclyde
Take a look at the diagram I posted that is the coil cassette the boot's under it are the wire's once you remove that you will see the plug's.I would start by checking the plug's haven't seen many wire's fail.I have seen some bad coil's though does it seem like there is at least one cylinder not firing at all?Also if you could give me the exact code number's you have that would help also. Do you have a multimeter?

Wow.I feel stupid !Thanks for the diagram. It was the coil. That was to easy!

Dodgerclyde
I have seen a lot of those coils fail don't feel stupid that's what were here for not everyone knows everything about everything. Glad to hear that you got it all fixed that's what were here for.