COIL PACK OR COIL CONTROL MODULE?

2003 Saturn L200 • 108 miles

My 03 LW200 has no spark on the #4 cylinder only. I was just curious as to which of these items could be the problem? Thanks
Mikehengstberger

Do you have any codes?I would say coil cassette I have replaced alot of those for that problem.

The only code was #4 misfiring. I replaced the plugs and it was still misfiring. Checked for spark on each cylinder and #4 was dead. I noticed it looked like there were 2 coils in the coil pack. I seemed if one were bad I would have 2 cylinders misfiring. Both parts (the coil pack and Ingnition control mudule) are about $100 each. I was just seeing if someone knew of a common problem with either so I could purchase the correct one and not spend $200.

Mikehengstberger
The coil is the common failure for that issue I used to replace those when I worked at the saturn dealership. The coil cassette comes complete with both coils housing etc. Then you swap over your old ignition module.I have seen just one cylinder not spark and it was a bad coil in the coil cassettes. There may be a way to just replace the one coil available in the aftermarket parts.

Ac delco D512a coil cassette on amazon is only 81.42 on amazon.

Thank you and I will post after I try this.

Mikehengstberger
That should be the fix a new coil cassette let me know how it runs.

The coil cassette as you call it seems to have done the trick.

Mikehengstberger
Your welcome glad to hear it all the cars I have had with that issue was bad coil cassettes

My car is doing the same thing. Misfire on #4. I've already changed out the ignition coil. Do you think the ignition control module could be the problem? Or maybe the second ignition coil I got was bad?

Jaguar11
Do you have spark on cylinder 4?

Page 1 of 2