REAR BRAK VIBRATION

2003 Pontiac Montana • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 121,000 miles

Rear brake vibration after new shoes, drums and hardware installed on a 2003 Pontiac Montana.

I've tried resurfacing the drums with no change. Seems to be located just on the right rear. Tried moving the LR shoes to the RR, no change.

I noticed that the shoes are exactly the same. For other vehicles I notice that the front shoe is different that the rear shoe but these are the same. Call the vendor I purchased them from and they confirmed that they are the same.

I don't think it is the drums. I switched them from RR to LR as well. Vibration still isolated to the RR. Only happens while braking. Checked the wheel bearings with no play or noise during use.

Rlf9409

This may be a shoe problem, originally you would have had a leading and a trailing shoe system, after market shoes are often the same length and they will not be radius ground to suit the drum, if you do have a specialist brake work shop nearby, take the shoes and drums in and get the shoes radius ground to suit, this ensures a perfect fit and eleminate the possibility of high sops that may cause vibration.

Mhpautos