OLDSMOBILE ALERO FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2003 Oldsmobile Alero • 103,000 miles

My car just started running rough in the morning when started then smoothes out after a few seconds. The main problem is it will drive fine for about 10 miles or so then start to cut out (RPMs fluctuate but ultimately go down) even if I push on the gas it will continue to die down untill it either dies or I stop and turn it off. After about 10 min of sitting it will start up and go for a little while longer untill the same thing happens again. I've replace the fuel filter and the purge valve solenoid. Help please
Salmon6

Sounds like the electric fuel pump is going bad. Thanks for using2CarPros

Mekanic4755
OK, it's getting worse and I'm not going to drive it again till it's fixed. Also to let you know the "check engine soon" light was on and I had it scanned, the codes were PO300, PO442, AND PO446. I know one was a code for a bad gas cap that I fixed. Could the other ones be fixed by getting a new fuel pump? Or do I need to worry more about the cylinder misfire code?

Salmon6
The cyl. Misfire codes are probably a result low fuel pressure or an ign. Problem. Thanks for using2CarPros

Mekanic4755
So if I get a new fuel pump the misfires should go away?

Salmon6
The only way to be sure is to run a fuel pressure test, to get an accurate pressure on the pump when the problems is happening. Thanks for using2CarPros

Mekanic4755