CAR NOISE

2003 Nissan Wingroad • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 72,000 miles

Hi all
Am Simon from Nairobi, concerned with a rumbling noise from my 2003 Nissan Wingroad. When on rough road I hear the noise but when I press on the brake pedal lightly, the noise dies down. I replaced the front brake pads a month ago and the noise was gone but It has come back again. Also advice Is it a high time I checked my rear brake shoes? Pls help.

Thanks and Regards
Simon
Cappsimon

Hi Simon, I'm Randy. I reviewed your question, and wanted to provide information that might help.

If the noise is coming from your brakes, and your brakes squeal when you don t have your foot on the pedal: * It is possible the wear indicator is contacting the rotor because the linings are too thin. It could be time to change your brakes.
* Caliper slide pins that are not properly lubricated may bind, causing brake drag. Also, corroded brake hardware and/or bracket will cause brake drag as well.

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss your question. Please let me know if you have any further questions.