HAS CHECK ENGINE, SLIP AND TCS OFF LIGHTS ON FOR OVER A WEEK.

2003 Nissan Maxima • 140,000 miles

The cars engine runs great. The only thing different now is it takes three cranks instead of just one to start engine.
Mase1

Find a shop in your area that will scan the computer for diagnostic codes for free. Then let me know what codes are found.

Rivermikerat
Nissan 2003 maxima has slip and tcs off lights on p1800 & p0335

Mase1
P1800 & p0335

Mase1
P0335 is a bad crankshaft position sensor circuit
P1800 means VIAS Control Solenoid Valve Circuit Open

Rivermikerat
I already replaced one sensor located under engine. Cost about 50 bucks. The other two sensors, one on each side of the top of the engine are more then double in price each. Would you be able to tell me the location of the VIAS valve?

Mase1
Is the camshaft the same as the crankshaft?

Mase1
Story of what happened to my car. A flash flood totaled three cars on my street. My car would not start any more. Cleaned car by removing seats and rug. Completely detailed and dry. Happened to stumble onto ECU. Ordered replacement on Ebay for 230 bucks. Had local Locksmith program my three keys about 100 bucks. The car started and blew out water from the muffler system. Replaced one bad ignition spark coil about 50 bucks. Car is running smooth, in fact great. Air bag red light kept blinking. Googled the problem and found a reset diagnostic solution. It worked!

Mase1
I just thought you should know.

Mase1
Most of these forum groups say to replace all six ignition coils for slip & tcs off lights. What does the traction control system have to do with the engine ignition coils?

Mase1
Well at least now I can drive the car to my mechanic. When I'm ready.
Thank You In Advance
Dave
PS: Any other replies to my additional questions would be interesting

Mase1