MY CAR MAKES A HISSING SOUND WHEN I PRESS THE GAS

2003 Nissan Altima • 140,000 miles

When I press the gas it makes a hissing sound like a fluttering almost only when I hit the gas
Marie_0203

It sounds like a vacuum leak. Can you tell where the noise is coming from?

Its seems like its coming from the actual gas pedal

Marie_0203
That is odd. Check under the dash for vacuum hoses that may be disconnected.

Jesus Christ I thought I was the only one in the world with this problem! I can't for the life of me find a solution to this problem. For me, I have to floor it to get this noise; about 4200 RPMs and up. It sounds like a massive air leak or something. Kind of like a loud, "ssshhhhhh" with an increase in pitch as the RPMs climb. Also, if you take off that fast and purposely ease off the gas pedal before it redlines, the gear shift sounds like a vacuum getting instantly plugged. What can this be? Is it exhaust related? Or transmission related?

RollinAlti
I just had something similar today. I have had the code P0420 for a month or so now but have been ignoring it. But on my way from work today, I didn't have much power. Slow pick up. Deeper sound from the engine. Then I also started hearing the hissing sound. I think it's a bad pre-cat. Will be calling the dealer to pick up a replacement tomorrow. Will update with results.

Ausman79