WHY IS THERE AN UNUSUAL STROKE WHEN MY CAR SHIDTS GEARS?

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 150,000 miles

I recently noticed an unusual pull when my car shifts from 2 to 3 gear. I have automatic transmission and I rwcently replaced the starter. And I might have taken a transmission bolt out by accident but I replaced it right away after I noticed my mistake. What could this strange stroke be a symptom of?
Chavacamarena

Could be slipping internally. Is there any check engine lights? How is the fluid? Have you serviced the trans fluid regularly?

I checked the trans fluid, it is critically low, and I got code po743. To my knowledge the car has not been getting regular service on trans fluid.

Chavacamarena
You can try changing the fluid and see what happens but I think you have internal issues.

I looked around all over the place but I just do not seem to find where should I add the new fluid, I cannot find the cap or somewhere to put it. All I see is the dipstick. Where do I add the new fluid? Please help.

Chavacamarena
In the dipstick tube

So after I found out that my problem was transmission fluid I added a quart and a half of fluid. And the problem was instantly solved, or so I thought because now I have a leaking problem. The fluid is leaking somewhere and I cannot find the. Source of. The leaking, any suggestions where to start looking?

Chavacamarena
Take it to a shop and let them tell you where it is coming from. There are way too many places it can be leaking from to try to guess.