HOW DO I RESET THE 90K SERVICE NOTICE "MAIN INSPECTION PERFORMED ON TIME?"

2003 Mercedes Benz E500 • 90,000 miles

How do I reset the 90K service notice "Main Inspection Performed On Time?"
Appropriate maintenance is done and I cleared the maintenance codes, but it does not clear this notice. Computer has always been difficult to clear, and I don't have the instructions for clearing this message. Dealer is 125 miles away and expensive. A satisfactory answer must clear the message.
Rexk

Turn the electronic key in steering lock to position 2. To call up the trip odometer and main odometer, press button 3 or 4 on the multifunction steering wheel until the display appears.

Press button 5 or 6 until the FSS indicator appears.

Press button 'R' on the instrument cluster for approximately 2 seconds.

The multifunction display will show the question:

'DO YOU WANT TO RESET SERVICE INTERVAL? - CONFIRM BY PRESSING R'

Press button 'R' on the instrument cluster again, and hold until a signal sounds. The message 'SERVICE INTERVAL HAS BEEN RESET' appears in the multifunction display.
The new service indicator is displayed with the reset distance of 10,000 miles

Don t let go the 0 button until you hear the bip, & you might need to have the driver s door closed.

Go to http://www.mbusa.com and register on the site with your VIN. You will be able to download the owner's manual.

Rivermikerat