INTAKE MANIFOLD TUNING VALVE QUESTION: MY MECHANIC ADVISES THAT I HAVE A TROUBLE CODE THAT SHOWS A STUCK INTAKE MANIFOLD VALVE. HE CONTACTED MECHANIC, AND WAS TOLD THE ONLY CURE WAS TO REPLACE THE WHOLE INTAKE MANIFOLD WITH

2003 Lincoln Aviator • 120,000 miles

2003 lincoln aviator intake manifold tuning valve question: my mechanic advises that I have a trouble code that shows a stuck intake manifold valve. He contacted lincoln mechanic, and was told the only cure was to replace the whole intake manifold with a new one, at a cost of $2500 plus. I am looking for alternative fix. I read on a forum (which I can't find now) that the valve can be freed up, once the manifold is removed. Is there any way to free the valve without removing/replacing manifold?
Copr875

Its the intake manifold runner control motor that you're talking about which is located on the lower intake manifold-you need to remove the upper intake to get there

You could always put a used one on from a junkyard as long as the intake was good.