JEEP LIBERTY DEALER PROBLEM

2003 Jeep Liberty • 10,000 miles

Hello, I am third owner of this Liberty. It only has key acess through drivers doo. Is this an indication the car was made with a remote opening device? If so, how do I find out? Thanks, Wolfy
Locowolfy

If vehicle is equipped with remote keyless entry system, the Body Control Module would have this attachement.

If I may be so stupid, (LOL) where is this whole unit located?

Locowolfy
Don't be and never feel that way because I would be more embarassed than you if that is the case as we too have difficulty locating components without the correct information.

The BCM is integral with the junction box located below left end of dash.

Here we go again! If that module IS there, how do I find a remote that is compatible? Do I get a number OFF the module? OR do I have to take it to a dealer?

Locowolfy
A new fob has to be programmed and that requires a DRB(III) (R) scan tool or equivalent and the best place to go to should be the dealer.

The diagram shows you what to expect.

How about a "remote alarm installer" type shop? Would they have the same tools? Thanks SO much! Wolfy

Locowolfy
Sorry for the delay in replying. Seems the notification system is down and I was not notified of your reply.

Installers might have the part you are looking for and they shold be able to tell you if your vehicle is equipped with the remote module.