CAN YOU TELL ME THE FACT THAT MY ALL WHEEL DRIVE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE SWITCH NOT WORKING NOW COULD BE RELATED TO MY ROTORS RECENTLY BEING REPLACED?

2003 Isuzu Ascender • 75,000 miles

Fridays had the rotors replaced on my car. Today it snowed so I needed to put it in all wheel drive. Well now it doesn't work and I don't know if it has anything to do with them replacing the rotors.
Tamara25

Replacing the brake rotors should not have affected the 4WD functions.

It could if the system relies on speed sensors which are effected by rotor change often

Wrenchtech
What do you mean by switch not working?

Fixitmr
It's actually the whole system not working, not just the switch. There's a switch inside the car to put it in AWD and 4WD. The lights are not lit up on that as they usually are lit on whichever drive it's in. But turning the switch does not put the vehicle in anything but 2WD no matter which setting it's on.

Tamara25
If the switch is not turning the indicator light on, this would more likely to be an electrical fault rather than mechanical.

It's mechanical. Because it does not go into 4 wheel or all wheel drive. That's why the indicator light is not coming on at all.

Tamara25
You need to have it checked to see what is causing the problem and if it is related to the job performed.

Since I posted the original message, I've taken it in. It appears to be the ATC module? Can't remember for sure if that's what they called it. Not an inexpensive fix either. : (

Tamara25
Thanks for your help!

Tamara25
ATC would usually mean Auto temp control but could have other meanings. Could he have said TCM (Transmission Control Module)?

Wrenchtech
Page 1 of 2