WHERE TO I FIND MY KNOCK SENSOR TO REPLACE IT.

2003 Hyundai XG350 • 130,000 miles

I went to pepboys because I engine light came on. That was a day after I went to that same store to get my car inspected for the state of new york. That day all I needed for two back brakes and I was all set to pass my inspection.

However the following day I was told I had two problems. My throttle position sensor needed to be replaced and my knock sensor needed to be replaced. I have already replaced the TPS although the check engine light is yet to come on, there is still a delay in the car transitioning from one gear to the next while in 'D'.

Basically there is a delay. So I would like to replace the knock sensor to see if that will eliminate my problem.
Locolbd

Side of block se diagram

Docfixit
Okay. Thanks a million for the urgent reply. But it seems like I am blinding looking because I can't seem. To find it. The diagram suggests that its on the same side as the fan belt.

If that's where it is how do I go about taking it out

Locolbd
On back side engine block towards bulkhead

Docfixit
Okay Thanks I will look at it in the morning. What I have also noticed is that after I change the TPS and reconnected the battery will am driving the car heat is coming through the vents even when I have the ac/heater off.

The heat shuts off when I turn the ac on, then it get cool and then I would turn off the ac then the heat will stop coming through the vents

Locolbd
You have been of great help. I will donate once this is completed. Can you please indicate where on the image is that Knock Sensor.

Locolbd
O.K. Vehicle is a XG 350L so V6 not 4 cyl so Knock sensor is top of engine follow radiator hose to engine sensor is intake between hose and cover. Have codes rechecked before cause knock sensor not going to effect shifting

Docfixit
I'm 4 years late to the party, but in trying to locate my knock sensor I ran across this forum post. I just replaced mine and thought I'd share my experience with the interwebs.

I also own a 2003 Hyundai XG350L. The sensor is located under the intake manifold, which is a pain-in-the-ass location. You have to first remove the intake plenum (first picture), disconnecting any wiring, tubing, and air intake while keeping track of where they reconnect.

Second, you have to remove the intake manifold (second picture), which also entails removing your fuel injectors. The hardest part about removing the intake manifold is removing a bolt on the end near the timing belt that can only be accessed from underneath the timing belt cover. With some finesse I was able to get it out and, harder still, put it back in. I circled the knock sensor in the picture. Normally it would have a wire coming out of it, hence the reason I was replacing mine.

You might as well replace the plenum gasket and intake manifold gaskets while you're at it. Also, try to keep shit from falling into your engine, unless said shit is magical make-my-engine better juice. In which case let me know where I can find that.

Ryano327
Here's a diagram from the service manual, just to show that I'm honest. ; )

Ryano327