HYUNDAI TIBURON FUSE PROBLEM

2003 Hyundai Tiburon • 135,000 miles

I recently bought a 2003 Tiburon GT, 2.7L V6, automatic. A few days ago I installed an amp and subs. Afterwards I turned the key ON to check it out. Everything worked great. I started the car and suddenly the stereo stopped working along with the dome light and turn signals. I turned the car off and checked all the fuses. I found that the C/LIGHT fuse was blown. I replaced it and and started the car again. It didn't help. I let the car run for a few minutes and suddenly everything turned on. I took the battery in for a load test and the results were bad. I put in a new battery and everything was working great.

I was leaving work today, started the car, and they weren't working again! I got home checked the fuses and everything checked out (under hood and inside). Tried starting it back up and it just turns over now. Dome lights, turn signals, power locks, and stereo don't work. Headlights, dash lights, and power windows still work. Any ideas? Thanks!
Day86

** UPDATE **

I disconnected the amp and the car doesn't turn on and there is no power. I turned the dome light on and rechecked all the fuses. When I pulled the HEATED MIRROR fuse and put it back in the dome light, turn signal, power locks, and stereo started working again. The car turns over but still doesn't start.

Day86
Are you checking all three fuse boxes? Using test light or meter to check?

Docfixit
I've checked the fuse boxes under the steering column and next to the battery in the engine bay. Where is the third fuse box? I'll try to use a test light this evening after work.

I don't have access to a meter at the moment. Is it possible this could be the alternator? Is there any way to test this without using a meter?

Lastly, my wife told me that when she was driving the other day (prior to installing the amp) the blinkers were not working and the radio was turning on and off.

Day86
E/R box left front engine compartment AMP may have taxed ALT generally a second BATT and storage capacitors are installed. Will need ALT checked see if output is correct

Docfixit
Mechanic stopped by with a portable jump start. Car turned over but didn't start. Because of this he said the alternator is fine. After hearing it attempt to start he's leaning more towards the coil pack being the problem but is not 100% certain. Does this seem like a possibility? The car has 135k miles and looks like it's never been replaced.

Day86
Last night I had my wife try to start the car while I watched the engine compartment (in the dark). I didn't see any sparks anywhere.

Day86
Check for voltage to coil pack also can you hear fuel pump energize when key on?

Docfixit
Fuel pump is good. I still don't have a multimeter and probably wont be able to get one until this weekend. I checked for spark by removing the boot and placing a spark plug in it. I then grounded the spark plug on the intake plenum and the front valve cover (not at the same time). I tried this with the old spark plug and a new spark plug but didn't see any spark on both variations. I pulled the fuse for the fuel pump to ensure I didn't flood the engine.

Day86