I HAVE A STEERING WHEEL SHAKES FROM SIDE TO SIDE AND A GROWLING NOISE COMES FROM LEFT FRONT WHEEL WHEN DRIVING

2003 GMC Yukon • V8 4WD Automatic • 96,000 miles

Steering wheel shakes from side to side when driving and a growling noise from left front side when driving
Wendyk

I would have this checked out ASAP. Could be a loose wheel, bearings, brakes, and/or suspension parts.

HondaMike
Check for a failed wheel bearing, jack that wheel up and rock back and fro, there should be no movement, spin and ther should be no nasty noises, repair any faults here and get the tyres checked for condition and if ok, get a balance done.

Mhpautos
This could also be your brake rotors. If one is too far damaged, it can cause the wheel to make a noise (even when the brake is not engaged)Having one rotor more deteriorated than the other can cause the steering wheel to pull to one side as well.

Emmarijo