03 FOCUS SVT. THERE IS A SMALL BOX (A BIT LARGER THAN A PACK OF CIGARETTES) IN-FRONT OF THE WHEEL WELL AND BEHIND THE HEADLIGHT, BUT UNDER THE BATTERY (SO YOU HAVE TO GO UNDER THE CAR TO FIND IT) THAT IS MAKING A HORRENDOUS NOISE. IT IS NOT EFFECTIN

2003 Ford Other • 60,000 miles

This box is making a grinding/clanking/like a motor is in it trying to run. If you put your hand on the box you can actually feel it clanking. I have asked many mechanics around here and they have no clue what that box is.
Heymissjohnson

I KNOW LITTLE ABOUT YOUR RIG

I CAN LOOK THINGS UP!

. AND I DID!

I HAVE INCLUDED TWO DIAGRAMS FROM MITCHELL I, IF YOU CAN PIN IT DOWN, I WILL ATTEMPT TO FIND OUT EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. TOO MUCH INFO TO RUN THRU WITHOUT MORE INFO (FOR ME ANYWAY, I'M A JEEP CJ KINDA GUY)

A PIC MIGHT AID US ON THIS END ALSO

DON'T FRET. OTHERS MAY JUMP IN AND MAYBE RENDER AN ANSWER TOO

YOUR TURN

That box is your IMRC motor. For your dual stage intake it pulls a cable to open your runners from short to long depending on rpms. The sound your hearing is very common. Check the cable on the intake manifold and see if its connected or broke. Most likely its broke.

Afostr1003
If this is the box your talking about than I also included picture of where it connects

Afostr1003