FORD IKON ENGINE PROBLEM

2003 Ford Ikon • 10 miles

After running 5 kms in 1/2/3 gears Engine fan starts. And temparature needle is at about 30%.
If I am running 4/5 gears then temperature reaches 30% after running for about 30kms. If car runs on a/c this happens faster than mentioned above.
Is it normal? Is there any problem with the cooling system?
Details:
Car Model is: Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair (2003 model)
kms run is : 62000

Thanks,
Michael.

The fan should never come on with your gauge less than half unless the ac is being used, a ford ikon shares its engine temperature reading between the instrument panel (temp gauge) and the engine ecu, the engine ecu will activate a relay at 87 degrees to switch on the fan at a low speed and then again at 98 degrees for high speed.
The temp gauge has no markings on it, but 10% of the gauge is about 40 degrees, 30% is about 50 degrees, 50% (half) is 65 degrees to 105 degrees, anything above half is an overheat.
First I would try a new thermostat and make sure all engine earth points are clean and battery terminals are clean.
If this does not solve the problem then you should have the engine ecu checked

Ctasquier